Healthy and delicious. That’s the name of the game (well, for me…). This dish is so easy and simple. I like to use Mahi Mahi from time to time (not too often, it’s a bit higher in mercury than smaller fish). However, on occasion it’s a lovely entree with a very mild flavor. Fortunately, Mahi Mahi is a very hearty and stable fish. Nice to use in soups, stews or curries if you need a firmer fish.
This preparation can stand alone as the centerpiece of your dinner plate alongside vegetables or salad. You could place it on top of pasta. Or after baking it can be sliced into chunks and used in cioppino or soup or stew. The flavors in this dish are very mild and subtle and go well with various preparations.
- 4 6 ounce Mahi Mahi Filets
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Dried Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Onion Powder
- Set oven to 350.
- Season both sides of fish liberally with above spices.
- Place fish in oven safe baking pan. Can coat bottom with a bit of oil, but not necessary.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.