Looking for a delicious fall or winter salad? This salad is wonderful as a complete meal or a beautiful side dish. The colorful presentation not only looks gorgeous but also is a sign you’re getting an excellent variety of diverse vitamins in your meal as well. The toss of golden apples, red pomegranates and luscious green kale this will brighten up any holiday meal.
But wait there’s more… protein! Not only does this salad look ravishing but you’ll simultaneously up your greens and protein. This scrumptious vegan recipe provides healthy, satisfying plant protein from quinoa.
Every time I serve this salad at a dinner party I come home with an empty dish. I love feeding my friends food they love that is also healthy to boot. Win-Win!
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 Bunches Organic Kale, chopped and then massaged
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 2/3 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1/3 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Cups Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Apple (In this recipe I used Fuji)
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Honey (can sub agave or maple syrup)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Chop kale and massage using your hands to tenderize it a bit.
- Add additional ingredients and Toss with Dressing.
- This salad can be made ahead of time. you can even mix in the dressing 1-3 hours before serving, it will help tenderize the kale a bit if you prefer.
Makes 8 Servings.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 150, Fat 7 g, Carbs 27, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 5 g.