Looking for some protein and veggies in the morning? Tofu “scrambled eggs” can be a great replacement. This recipe is very version of “southwest scrambled eggs” I used to make before becoming vegan. My 10 year old son loves eggs in all forms and I was quite skeptical that he would accept it. However, much to my surprise, he loved it and requested 3 helpings. It’s a quick and easy recipe packed with nutrition.
The tofu in this dish has a nice firm consistency to it holds up well with the other ingredients.
1 Carton (12.3 oz) Silken tofu, I use Nori-Mu Organic Non-GMO tofu – drained
1 Medium Organic Tomato, or a hand full of cherry tomatoes, diced
1 Medium Organic Red Bellpepper, diced
2 Cups Fresh Organic Spinach
1 Clove Organic Garlic, mincted
1/2 Organic Purple Onion, diced
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tps Salt
1/4 Tsp Chili Powder or Chipotle Pepper Powder
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Turmeric (yes, i put it in everything)
- Drain Tofu and squeeze out any excess water with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat and add garlic and onion
- Cook until onion looks glassy
- Add seasonings, bell pepper and tomatoes cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add Spinach and mix around until the leaves barely wilt
- Add tofu and crumble it into large chunks in your hands while adding to pan. Cook 1-2 minutes more.
Hope you enjoy. Please contact me with any questions!