Choose your weapon – Chocolate or Vanilla! I, personally, am a chocolate girl all the way. My son, on the other, hand will opt for vanilla every time (whaaa? – mind blown) – to each their own.
So you’re in a hurry in the morning, running late as usual. Yes, I’m there pretty much every day. Getting the kiddo ready for school, trying to plan the day ahead and clearing my foggy morning brain. How can I throw in a nutritious breakfast into my mangled morning? Prepare it the night before! Chia pudding is very healthy, easy and decadent. The choices are limitless as to the preparation. I have shown two basic puddings above – chocolate and vanilla with strawberries. It’s so simple and so healthy and so fast. I’m sure this will work it’s way into your morning routine.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chia
- 1/3 Cup Strawberries (substitute fruit of your choice)
- 2/3 Cup Nut Milk of your choice
- 1-2 Tsp honey or maple syrup (optional, I typically leave this out for myself and add it for my son)
- 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder – for chocolate variety
- Place all ingredients into a mason jar or container of your choosing. I typically use glass storage containers to reduce exposure to the chemicals (BPA etc) in plastic.
- I typcially start with the fruit then add the nut milk and other ingredients Chia being last. If the chia goes in first it has a tendency to clump at the bottom, but vigorous shaking usually fixes this problem.
- Affix lid tightly and shake vigorously.
- Refrigerate overnight and shake again before eating in the morning.
- If your pudding is very thick you can always add more milk at the time of serving. You can adjust the liquid to chia ratio to your liking for future batches.
Nutrition Facts for vanilla with 1 tsp maple syrup: Calories 167, Carbs 19 g, Fiber 9 g, Fat 9 g, Protein 5 g